...and so are our arches. All this walking seems like good exercise, but we look like 3 old ladies when we pile out of the car. (No cracks, please!)
Today we were up and at 'em and leaving Barstow at 7am. We drove about 3 hours to Lake Havasu City, Arizona, where the London Bridge was erected after London got rid of it. It wasn't built to withstand automobile traffic back then, so they sold it to Lake Havasu City. I wonder if there was a want ad for that transaction.
We can attest to the fact that London Bridge is not falling down. Afterwards we were back on I-40 with a lot of trucks, a lot of desert, and some strong storms with lightning. Kathy was the lucky driver during the storm once again. There really isn't much else to report because our days consist of many hours of driving, working puzzles and Sudoku, reading, making up games and singing along with the oldies (songs, that is).
I guess we need to apologize to all the motorcycle riders who drove down the middle of two lanes of traffic in California. Brian pointed out that lane splitting is an acceptable and legal practice in some states, including California. (Just in case he was wrong, I checked for myself and confirmed that he's right.) You learn something new everyday.


No comments:
Post a Comment